Wednesday 30 January 2013

Toro Rosso

Welcome back to my spin off blog detailing the pasts of the current Formula 1 teams on the grid today!

We've already covered the teams who have never changed names and the minnows, so we're well under way now!

Today I'm going to cover the Red Bull feeder team Toro Rosso. Set up by Dietrich Mateschitz (owner of  the Red Bull energy drink company) in order to provide parent team Red Bull with new talent for the future. They only have a short history, including just the one name change after Mateschitz bought the last stocks to this previous guise.

MINARDI




First Entered: 1985
Pole Positions: 0
Race Wins: 0
Points: 38
Constructors Championships: 0
Drivers Championships: 0






Founded by Giancarlo Minardi and first raced in 1985, the team never really gathered any momentum in order to impress or impact. in 1996 Minardi entered into joint ownership with F1 bad boy Flavio Briatore. The team does however have quite a good roll call of drivers including; Jarno Trulli, Giancarlo Fisichella, Mark Webber and double world champion Fernando Alonso. Despite never being at the forefront of the grid, they gained a very loyal following and if they were able to produce a talent such as Fernando Alonso, it gives me great hope that the smaller teams today will provide an Alonsoesque driver. Another great quality about this team is that they loved giving the fans a new livery every once in a while! here are a few examples!:


































After eventual owner Paul Stoddart sold Minardi to Red Bull, they wanted to keep the teams Italian heritage. So in a clever market ploy they named the team Toro Rosso which of course in translation means, Red Bull.

TORO ROSSO


First Entered: 2006
Pole Positions: 1
Race Wins: 1
Points: 136
Constructors Championships: 0
Drivers Championships: 0






I have wrote a peice oringinaly about how Toro Rosso treat their younger drivers and through that I included a small history about the team from some of the drivers who have raced for them, to how Sebastian Vettel got their first pole position, podium and race win at Monza 2008. The article can be read here and I thoroughly recommend you take a read at it to see my view on how young stars are often mistreated at the outfit.












For the unaware out there, you may have noticed a change in my Blogger profile. That's because I am now a writer for a great informative and opinionated Formula 1 website called Let's Talk F1. I would absolutely implore you to check this out if you have not yet done so, there's a great dedicated team in place always looking to report the latest stories and events in our wonderful world. Please go and explore the site, favourite it and also follow us on Twitter @LetsTalkF1.


I would also like to take this opportunity to remind you of my main blog where I post my opinions on the latest goings on in Formula 1 where I've covered issues such as the Toto Wolff saga and the unveiling of the Lotus E21. Contact details for both are below this text!



To keep up with my views on the current and breaking news of Formula 1, click here.
Follow Me On Twitter: @Houston60
Google+: Add me to your circle!

Let's Talk F1
Follow Us On Twitter: @LetsTalkF1

No comments:

Post a Comment